Re: Kind reminder: please don't reply to and/or quote spam, ever

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 09:57:34AM +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:43:40AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >>Thunderbird provides the command ":exec bounce-message".
> >
> >Oh, wow. Thanks for the hint. Does anyone know what that command
> >does?
>
> Someone provided a detailed explaination of bounce a few messages
> earlier in this thread.  But briefly, bounce sends the message,
> intact, complete with attachments, if any, just as if you were a relay
> station.

Oh, this was explicitly about Thunderbird's ":exec bounce-message"?
I missed that bit, sorry for that. Will re-read.

> However, if you wish to make additions or modifications to the
> message, you use forward.  Forward is like a reply, except it is
> sent to a third party, rather than back to the sender.

"back to the sender" makes me unsure now: does ":exec bounce-message"
let you choose the target, or is it just "back to sender"?

I understand "forward": you get to write a message and send the
original wrapped in a MIME part, which would be OK (provided the
receiver can handle that).

Cheers
-- t