Re: apt-mark hold issue (apt Installed: 1.8.2 armhf)

On Du, 19 apr 20, 18:40:44, Michael Howard wrote:

> I don't think apt and dpkg are linked in this respect, they didn't used to
> be. i.e. holding through apt had no affect on dpkg.

More like apt didn't have any interface to set/clear holds.

It seems to me like dpkg is the "keeper" of hold state, apt(-mark) and
aptitude just change that (which makes sense to me).

It would be very confusing if apt/itude and dpkg had different ideas
about what package is (not) on hold.

Kind regards,
Andrei