Re: Kind reminder: please don't reply to and/or quote spam, ever

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Du, 19 apr 20, 11:41:52, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 12:21:02PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

>>> Apparently the "official" name (to be confirmed) is "remailing" and
>>> it involves resending the message (mostly untouched) to another
>>> address.
>>
>> Ah, I see. I was betting on "forwarding", but later it occurred to me
>> that this would wrap the original message (probably without headers
>> :-( into a part of a multi-part MIME. Drats. Probably you are right.

> As far as I know "forwarding as attachment" does not affect the
> original message (though this may depend on the client), however it is
> *not* appropriate for this particular use-case. I'm guessing because
> it would be difficult to distinguish the forwarded message from other
> (legitimate) mime parts.

No, because wrapped messages are of "Content-Type: message/rfc822". If
your wrap multiple messages, all are contained in "Content-Type:
multipart/digest", so they are easily distinguishable from other
attachments.

Also doing it that way has the benefit of not modifying the original
mails headers, which will happen if you remail/redirect them.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.