Re: gedit and kate have window decorations while featherpad and mousepad doesn't

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 10:10:34AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 19 apr 20, 04:59:54, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> >
> > I am on Debian testing (bullseye, fully updated ) and have found some
> > oddities [...]

> The hardware has no concept of window decorations, only pixels and what
> colour they should have.
>
> This is more likely related to your window manager (part of your Desktop
> Environment if you are running one). Please provide more info on this.
>
> Some (all?) window managers allow removal of window decorations, e.g. by
> clicking on some control or explicit configuration. If I recall
> correctly the program itself can also request it.

Besides, "modern" desktop environments are moving to "client-side" window
decorations [1], so maybe even the window manager (or whatever is left of
it) has no say in decorations.

Cheers
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-side_decoration
-- tomás