Re: gedit and kate have window decorations while featherpad and mousepad doesn't

at bottom :-

On 19/04/2020, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Du, 19 apr 20, 04:59:54, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>>
>> I am on Debian testing (bullseye, fully updated ) and have found some
>> oddities . For instance gedit and kate appear smaller but with full
>> window decorations by which I mean the minimize, maximize and close
>> icons on the top left of the application. On the other hand,
>> featherpad and mousepad each doesn't seem to respect the same. The
>> monitor I have is VA2038wm-LED which I bought several years ago -
>
> [snip monitor info]
>
> The hardware has no concept of window decorations, only pixels and what
> colour they should have.
>
> This is more likely related to your window manager (part of your Desktop
> Environment if you are running one). Please provide more info on this.
>
> Some (all?) window managers allow removal of window decorations, e.g. by
> clicking on some control or explicit configuration. If I recall
> correctly the program itself can also request it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei
> --
> http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser

Dear Andrei,
Thank you for answering. I am using Metacity (Marco) WM while using
lightdm as the display manager and running mate in session.

$ wmctrl -m
Name: Metacity (Marco)
Class: N/A
PID: N/A
Window manager's "showing the desktop" mode: N/A

$ echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
lightdm-xsession

$ echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
MATE

Sorry if I didn't gave that info. before as well.  Please let me know
if any more info. is required from my end.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C