Re: Best way to install not-last-version package (on Testing)?

On Sb, 18 apr 20, 20:19:43, riveravaldez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the situation of trying to install 'reportbug' and
> 'virt-manager' (but the question is in general, for any
> package/situation) in Debian Testing and both have dependencies with
> serious bugs which make the installation potentially problematic...
>
> In a case like this, which would be the best solution?

It depends :)

Is the bug relevant for you? Are there known (suitable) workarounds?
What benefits does the newer package bring? Is the older package even
compatible with your other packages (keyword: versioned depends)?

> I thought on installing some near-previous version of both packages,
> but, where can I find those? Is there a Debian Archive of some kind
> for cases like this?

As already mentioned, there is snapshot.debian.org, though the older
package is not necessarily better, e.g. the bugs might be present in the
older version as well (the version information in the BTS is not
necessarily accurate), or the newer package might have fixed other, more
important (for you) bugs.

Kind regards,
Andrei