Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On 2020-04-13, Tom Dial <tddial@comcast.net> wrote:

> 3. I also know nothing about Discourse. Although the remarks so far in
> the thread don't particularly make me want to use it, I don't find the
> idea entirely abhorrent.

Color me stupid but I mosied over to the test site and couldn't figure
out how to post. Maybe you gotta sign up (that must be it).

My current Trust Level: Totally Untrustworthy.

  Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have
  to show you any stinking badges!

Some Discourse "badges":

 Higher Love
 Used 50 likes in a day 5 times

 Nice Share
 Shared a post with 25 unique visitors

 Anniversary
 Active member for a year, posted at least once

 Good Reply
 Received 25 likes on a reply

 Nice Topic
 Received 10 likes on a topic

Lord Jesus. Isn't this kind of Pavlovian mind-fuck derived from Facebook
et. al. (I don't participate in any of that, being anti-social and all,
so I'm unsure).

At any rate, my primary sentiment is one of embarrassment.