Re: Debian is testing Discourse

Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2020-04-13, Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:
>> Michael Howard <mike@dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Sorry, which different pools are you refering to?
>> Different pools of people.

> There could be a channel to connect the pools. Then people could row
> from one to the other.

Sure.

But to make that as painless as possible you'd need to do quite the feat
on the technical side, creating an interface between the web-focused
frontend and the mail-based frontend, that works without getting in the
way.

All attempts to do so I know of in the end just created a mongrel that
was the worst of both worlds, satisfying nobody.

So please excuse me if I sound a bit overly pessimistic on that front,
looking back at ~30 years of online communications in a range of media.

S!
--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.