Re: HTML mail + PDF attachments

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:01:47PM -0500, Jason wrote:

As another option, both getmail and thunderbird can be configured to
leave messages on the server and then delete them a certain number of
days after retrieval. Using that feature in getmail, you could access
the same messages in thunderbird, and tell thunderbird to not delete
messages.

Thanks for jogging my memory.  It has been so long since I configured
getmail that I forgot that getmail can serve unrelated accounts and
deliver to multiple locations, each with its own structure (mbox or
maildir).

I suppose I need to reduce the limit of the number of messages
downloaded in a sesson, so as to enable more frequent checks for
incoming messages.  At present getmail runs every three minutes.
But I do not have a feel for the load imposed on a mail server by
frequent checks.  Would an ISP frown on a check every minute?

As for PDF attachments, I use getmail to deliver to maildrop, which
then runs a copy of the email through ripmime to automatically save
the attachments to a directory.

And I keep forgetting about maildrop, which I have used in the past.

RLH