Re: Anti-malware for my personal Debian workstation?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 11:37:24AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 12 apr 20, 09:17:18, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > ...uh stuff I found on the street into my mouth.
>
> Excelent analogy :)

:-)

> >     (but then, it's Github, so Microsoft [...])

> Unless the platform (owner) is curating the content its not fair to
> blame it on them. There's enough out there to blame Microsoft for, this
> is *until now* not one of them.

In a strict sense, you are right, and I conceded that in my next
remark:

> >     (Yah, I know this gist probably predates takeover, So what?)

But in a more general sense...

 - the snotty way to put it is that they have the Midas touch
   (just it's not gold things turn into at their touch, alas).
   If you want to know more about the Midas touch, do read on
   the strange story of Steven Elop, Nokia and Microsoft.

 - the more philosophical way would be to go philosophical about
   cultural hegemony, framing and dominance of discourse. Because
   you won't convince me that Microsoft shelled out $7B of their
   investor's money due to sheer Goodness of their Hearts.

Or something :-)

Cheers
-- tomás