Re: Anti-malware for my personal Debian workstation?

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 09:52:50AM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

[...]

> There are sufficient tutorials advising to download random scripts and
> run with root privileges.

My fave still is

  curl https://random.site.net/script | sudo bash

And there are still people out there who even advocate it [1].

I think I was three when my mom taught me not to stuff random scripts
...uh stuff I found on the street into my mouth.

Cheers
[1] https://gist.github.com/btm/6700524
    (but then, it's Github, so Microsoft, so what do you expect?)
    (Yah, I know this gist probably predates takeover, So what?)

-- tomás