dropbear-bin ssh key conversion on Buster

Hello,

I have a Debian Buster installed, with a dropbear SSH server.

The dropbear-bin package, comes with a tool to convert keys fron
OpenSSH. This tool worked on Stretch, but is now broken on Buster.

I tried the Bullseye version, and it is broken too.

For instance, the following command:

> dropbearconvert openssh dropbear \
> /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key \
> /etc/dropbear-initramfs/dropbear_ecdsa_host_key

Produce this error:

> Error: Unrecognised key type
> Error reading key from '/etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key'

- Key conversion was working on Stretch.
- I tried RSA keys, and it fails too.

I found some information here:

But the process still fails.

- Does someone has the same issue?
- I am using this to unlock a LUKS encrypted drive over SSH.

Thanks,
André Rodier.

PS: I have filled this bug on Debian too: