Re: Change in plans (was: Re: Another possible device (was: Re: OT: Questions about (buying and) using a laptop docking station))

On 2020-03-28 17:17, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On 2020-03-28 12:18, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
I received the Wavlink device, but I'm fairly certain I'm going
to return it and give up on it.  (I'm not clear on what software
/ drivers I'd have to find and install, and the device says it
doesn't support Linux (but does mention that it works with Ubuntu
14.<something> -- I guess Ubuntu is no longer Linux ;-)

I was hoping that I'd be able to find a manual or an installation
guide online before I received (or opened) the package, but I did
not.

When happens when you connect the docking station to a USB 2.0 port
on your Dell 1501 laptop?  What does dmesg report?

I haven't unwrapped the unit -- I'm returning the unit in the
original, intact packaging.

What is the make and model of the Express Card dual 3.0 adapter?

Haven't received that yet, probably coming in 6 weeks from the far
east.