Re: Issue with i915 PSR module option

Reco,

28 mars 2020 à 21:15 de recoverym4n@enotuniq.net:

> I apply the following approach to it - if it works - it does not need
> firmware blobs. Even if update-initramfs may thinks it will be useful to
> include those, because it merely looks at "firmware" section of "modinfo
> i915" output in this case.

Indeed, it looks like modinfo i915 output ;)
Maybe I'm too maniac but I just don't like so much getting warnings after a command...^^

> If dmesg tells you your current kernel tries to load those firmware
> pieces and fails, and you experience some missing functionality (X won't
> start, OpenGL fails to work, VAAPI fails you) - then firmware's probably
> needed.

No error on journalctl -kb
I'm loading i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin

>> > They are, but they aren't in main archive (non-libre, no source code).
>> >
>> My apt sources.list includes main, contrib and non-free.
>> I don't find the firmwares in Debian packages, only a bxt_huc old one:
>> $ apt-file search icl_dmc_ver
>> $ apt-file search tgl_dmc_ver
>> $ apt-file search bxt_huc_ver
>>

> Even experimental does not have those.

So blobs are not systematically packaged on Debian.
Then if I'm not wrong, I need to bookmark https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/ so I can pick up any missing firmware?

Best regards,
l0f4r0