Re: Issue with i915 PSR module option

Reco,

28 mars 2020 à 19:32 de recoverym4n@enotuniq.net:

>> I suppose I'm expected now to download my potential missing firmwares
>> for module i915
>> from https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/i915 and
>> move them to /lib/firmware/i915?
>>

> Depends on your card. Intel GPU Gen 6 (Skylake, 2015) and higher usually
> require it. Anything older works happily without any firmware.

Ok, I have a Kaby Lake so a bit more recent than Sky Lake.
Isn't it strange that update-initramfs tells me that some firmwares not corresponding to my processor generation could be missing? Doesn't the tool compare firmwares with actual hardware used?

W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_dmc_ver1_07.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/tgl_dmc_ver2_04.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_huc_ver01_8_2893.bin for module i915

> And it's preferred to install "firmware-misc-nonfree" package ([1])to
> random downloads from Internet.

Actually, I had already installed firmware-misc-nonfree:

$ apt policy firmware-misc-nonfree
firmware-misc-nonfree:
  Installé : 20190717-2~bpo10+1
  Candidat : 20190717-2~bpo10+1
Table de version :
*** 20190717-2~bpo10+1 100
        100 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports/non-free amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     20190114-2 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/non-free amd64 Packages

28 mars 2020 à 19:32 de recoverym4n@enotuniq.net:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 07:22:41PM +0100, > l0f4r0@tuta.io>  wrote:
>
>> Why aren't they distributed via traditional Debian packages?
>>

> They are, but they aren't in main archive (non-libre, no source code).

My apt sources.list includes main, contrib and non-free.
I don't find the firmwares in Debian packages, only a bxt_huc old one:
$ apt-file search icl_dmc_ver
$ apt-file search tgl_dmc_ver
$ apt-file search bxt_huc_ver
firmware-misc-nonfree: /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_huc_ver01_07_1398.bin

Best regards,
l0f4r0