Re: NAS software for Raspberry Pi that supports full range of client OS (Win-10, MacOS-X, Linux) ?

On Wed, 2020-03-25 at 21:39 +0100, Linux-Fan wrote:
> Also, never underestimate the OS disk: RPIs boot off a microSD card. I am
> surprised that my Banana Pi M2+EDU still runs on its first card after more
> than two years, so it seems to be possible to get some reliability out of
> the cards.

I have a Sheevaplug being a router + NAS + DNS + fallback MTA + serial
port concentrator, and it uses an SD card as it's root filesystem
(spinning disks are just for NAS data). I just checked my Amazon order
history and the SD card it uses is 8 years old, and it will be getting
written to regularly for things like log files at least.

--
Tixy