Re: Buster without systemd?

Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 06:03:47PM +0100, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>> How can I configure resolved to do something like:
>> eth - interface
>> tun1 - interface to vpn1 with  domains a, b, c
>> tun2 - interface to vpn2 with domains d, e
>>
>> I want to resolve domains a,b,c with dns server in vpn1 and domains d,e
>> with server in vpn2.
>>
>> Can I do it with resolved?
>
> What you want to do would be best solved by a DNS resolver that you
> configure to forward requests to various places based on the requested
> domain.  Any of the major DNS server software packages should be able to
> do it.

I know. :) I have had dnsmasq (+ some if-up/if-down scripts) configured
that way.
This was simple example why I do not like integration several things
into systemd.

BTW. Can plug scripts into systemd network events? (interface up/down,
ipsec tunnel up/down and so on).
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html