Re: Speed of USB ports on Inspiron 1501

On 2020-03-23 03:43, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, March 23, 2020 01:42:40 AM David Christensen wrote:
If I am reading the user manual for my E1505 and the Intel ICH7
datasheet correctly, the ExpressCard port in my laptop should be PCIe 1x
at 2.5 Gbps.  I would expect your E1501 to be equivalent (?).

I bought it used, don't have the user manual, and had trouble finding it online
(it amazes me how often I choose the wrong search keywords and don't find
things that I'm sure must be out there).

I found the owner's manual last week, so it is easier to craft a search phrase when you already know the answer:

site:dell.com inspiron 1501 "owner's manual"

The first link is:

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1501_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

The canonical search should be:

site:dell.com inspiron 1501 support

The first link looks like it is in Finnish (?):

https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm

The links that look like English are all community posts.

Was your laptop originally sold in Finland?

David