Re: Speed of USB ports on Inspiron 1501

On Monday, March 23, 2020 01:42:40 AM David Christensen wrote:
> If I am reading the user manual for my E1505 and the Intel ICH7
> datasheet correctly, the ExpressCard port in my laptop should be PCIe 1x
> at 2.5 Gbps.  I would expect your E1501 to be equivalent (?).

I bought it used, don't have the user manual, and had trouble finding it online
(it amazes me how often I choose the wrong search keywords and don't find
things that I'm sure must be out there).

> Please let us know how the ExpressCard dual USB 3.0 adapter and docking
> station work with Debian.

I will, but it will probably be several months, as quite a few other things
may keep me busy (and the decline in meetings which I might go to and get help
for my programming efforts).

> Be prompt about testing and keep all the boxes, packaging, etc., in
> pristine condition, so you can return everything within the time window
> if there are problems.

I wouldn't plan to return any of that unless it is truly defective, but I do
usually do that anyway.