[Solved] Re: Boot process hangs at, it seems, network initialisation

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 17:43:56 +0000
Daniel Harris <mail.dharris@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

>are you using dhcp or static ip addresses

I never entered addresses for IP during installation, so dhcp I suspect.

>what is in /etc/resolv.conf

search home
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 2001:8b0::2020
nameserver 2001:8b0::2021

This matches with machines where networking is okay.

{time passes}

Having done some experimentation on other machines (I hadn't previously),
I can see now that network connectivity okay.

ipv6 results confused me.  Mea Culpa.

Sorry for the noise and wasting of your time.

Thank you Daniel and Felix for your assistance.  It's much appreciated.

I'll have to look elsewhere for a solution.

--
 Regards  _
But they didn't tell him the first two didn't count