Re: Debian 10 Installation Question

If you have installed debian then you can setup a mirror in /etc/apt/sources.list.  But that assumes you are at a debian terminal and not some grub terminal.  if you can ping out look in /etc/apt/sources and edit that file

#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.0.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 NETINST 20190706-10:23]/ buster main

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.0.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 NETINST 20190706-10:23]/ buster main

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

# buster-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main

Mine looks like the above

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 4:40 PM Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 11:08:53AM -0500, Jakub Kuzmicki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Debian 10 on my Dell XPS 15 7590. I was able to get
> > through majority of the installation up until the network mirroring
> > portion. I skipped that part since I wasn't able to find a recognizable
> > mirror to use. So now, when I turn on my computer and boot Debian, I am
> > sent to the terminal. I read somewhere that I can set up the network mirror
> > through this terminal.
>
> My question is, what can I do to fix this issue? Am I not able to boot
> Debian because network mirroring is not set up? I would probably need
> instructions on exactly what to type to get this done if thats the case.
>
> --
> Jakub Kuzmicki

So where do you think your installer should get any packages?

Follow the install procedures and do not just skip steps because
you do not understand it, especially if you do not understand!

Basically just hit <enter> until really ask otherwise.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com