Re: no upgrade of libkpmcore8 to libkpmcore9

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 04:53:32PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:

[...]

> Small correction: it happens frequently in sid indeed, but it is _not_
> supposed to happen frequently in testing.  In this case, it happens
> because libkpmcore9 is not coinstallable with libkpmcore8.  I would
> consider that a bug, but I don't know anything about the kpmcore
> package.

Actually, one of the reasons of making a totally new package instead
of a new version "of the same" [1] /is/ for having co-installable
versions, as, for example, is done with kernel packages (you want to
have an older kernel around if the new one misbehaves badly).

Cheers

[1] whatever "the same" is

-- tomás