Re: Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 laptop has mono sound only?

On Jo, 19 mar 20, 17:44:23, Ken Heard wrote:
> I think that this particular laptop has mono sound.  I have been using it
> temporarily to stream content by HDMI to a LG HD monitor and then by fibre
> optical cable to a NED D3020 V2 hybrid amplifier and finally to a pair of
> bass reflect speakers.  Unfortunately sound comes out of only one speaker.

Those are quite a lot of connections... you might want to recheck
everything is properly connected and both the monitor and the amplifier
don't have one of the channels muted.

Please post also the output of 'amixer' (in package 'alsa-utils').

Kind regards,
Andrei