Re: no upgrade of libkpmcore8 to libkpmcore9

On 3/19/2020 8:03 AM, Marco Möller wrote:
The dependency libkpmcore9 cannot be upgraded from libkpmcore8, therefore the package partitionmanager is hold back from upgrades. What exactly causes "apt upgrade" to not be able to upgrade to libkpmcore9 from libkpmcore8? Below I will show what I figured out so far. Is there some more detail I could search for? Or is it a bug and if so, for which package (libkpmcore9 or apt or some other instance) should I report it? My OS is Debian testing ("Bullseye"), kernel-release 5.4.0-4-amd64 and kernel-version being #1 SMP Debian 5.4.19-1 (2020-02-13), besides the below mentioned packages upgraded to the newest package versions.

I have done the following to clarify the situation, which shows that the hold back is caused by the dependency libkpmcore9:
    apt upgrade partitionmanager -s
 partitionmanager : Depends: libkpmcore9 (>= 4.1.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Chances are, there is more coming from the maintainers.  Simply waiting a week or so may clear this up.  The dependencies don't work because another package needs to be upgraded or installed that hasn't yet been uploaded to the mirrors.  This happens frequently in testing and Sid (and experimental).

Mark