Re: non function firefox

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Felix Miata wrote:

Fred composed on 2020-03-17 18:14 (UTC-0700):

In Gene's original post he said FF wasn't working with Walmart's search
function.  Maybe Walmart's search function was temporarily down when
Gene tried it.  Has it been tried again?

I tried the same walmart.com search for

	Kraft Sweet 'n Sour

in both Palemoon 28.8.4 and Mozilla.org's Firefox 68.5.0ESR and achieved
apparently identical success with both.

no problem in FF 74.0; this is in TDE in the exegnu version. this FF requests updates which I then allow.

the problem is somewhere in Gene's configuration.

there was reference to 'dconf'; I do have some files like that but not in /opt/trinity.

in FF about:config shows 'dconf' with options 'boolean, number, string' with 'boolean' selected. I don't see a value.

maybe a false trail anyway.

I may have lost the trail - Gene, did you start with add-ons disabled? I am no longer sure what's been tried.

f.

--
Felmon Davis