Re: non function firefox

On Tue 17 Mar 2020 at 13:37:29 (+0000), Larry Martell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 1:33 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Firefox is not working with wallmarts search function.
> >
> > Just one more reason to stay far away from Walmart.
>
> That is not very helpful to Gene.

I agree. There are many rural communities in the US where Walmart is
the only choice, particularly for Click-and-Collect-style shopping.

But as far as FF is concerned, it's often very difficult to help Gene
because his systems are so distant from being Debian installations,
with real-time kernels, unusual desktops, and configurations that
have been hacked and nuked into submission (much of it narrated here
on this list), so that ornery suggestions just don't work.

My advice would be to shrink a partition to free up some space, and
install a vanilla Debian installation onto it. After all, interacting
with the rest of the world (companies, shops, etc) through one's
computer has quickly become a part of Real Life that's difficult to
avoid.

Cheers,
David.