Re: question related to #953223

On Sb, 07 mar 20, 11:09:26, Patrice Duroux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing the same situation as reported in the issue here:
>
> So having no more /etc/fuse.conf on my system, what is the best to get it
> back?
> Why doing 'apt --reinstall install fuse3' do not restore this file?
> Neither notify anything about it?

Deleting a configuration file is considered to be a choice of the
administrator and will be preserved.

> Finally I have forced a purge (because of the dependencies) and so install
> it from fresh.

Purge and reinstall should do it.

Another option is 'dpkg -i --force-confask <package>', which will ask
whether you want to "install the package maintainer's version" of the
file, which will install the conffile from the package.

Kind regards,
Andrei