Re: Re: question related to #953223

> Deleting a configuration file is considered to be a choice of the
> administrator and will be preserved.

Not always! ;-) Moreover if this remove have been done by a maintainer script
without paying too much attention about any «brother» packages. Note that this
was consider as a bug also by the maintainer and it was closed since then.

Also I try to use tool like 'adequate' do detect such a case on my system but it
is not in its scope. Is there a easy way/tool for that? with dpkg itself?

What I was trying to suggest with my first post to the list is that may be
reinstalling a package (with some removed conffiles) will notifying it in the
output whatever the result: keeping it removed, providing a conffile.dpkg-new,

Thanks,
Patrice