Re: Looking for an inventory software which is free software and not IT-centric

On 19/2/20 12:31 pm, Dan Purgert wrote:
On Feb 19, 2020, Linux-Fan wrote:
Hello fellow list members,

I am looking for a software of which I am sure it exists, but I fail
to find online, thus asking if anybody might know such a thing? Of
course, it is best if it is included on Debian, even better if in
stable :) . If not, it should at least compile+run on it. I am looking
for free software (as per DFSG) that does not depend on registration
or proprietary servers.
I'm not entirely sure it'll tick all the boxes you need (in terms of
functionality); but what about "partkeepr"?  Details can be found at
their site https://partkeepr.org & the (GPL'd) source is at github
(https://github.com/partkeepr/PartKeepr).

Partkeeper looks awesome, almost makes me wish I had some inventory to manage.

It's a "standard(tm)" LAMP-server web-application.  PHP runs the
frontend, talks to mysql/mariadb on the backend.  As I recall, the one I
have here is still running on oldstable's PHP 7.0.x / mysql server.

HTH :)

--
Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.