Re: Looking for an inventory software which is free software and not IT-centric

On Feb 19, 2020, Linux-Fan wrote:
> Hello fellow list members,
>
> I am looking for a software of which I am sure it exists, but I fail
> to find online, thus asking if anybody might know such a thing? Of
> course, it is best if it is included on Debian, even better if in
> stable :) . If not, it should at least compile+run on it. I am looking
> for free software (as per DFSG) that does not depend on registration
> or proprietary servers.

I'm not entirely sure it'll tick all the boxes you need (in terms of
functionality); but what about "partkeepr"?  Details can be found at
their site https://partkeepr.org & the (GPL'd) source is at github
(https://github.com/partkeepr/PartKeepr).

It's a "standard(tm)" LAMP-server web-application.  PHP runs the
frontend, talks to mysql/mariadb on the backend.  As I recall, the one I
have here is still running on oldstable's PHP 7.0.x / mysql server.

HTH :)

--
|_|O|_|