Re: need syntax for /etc/fstab to mount space on an ssd over /tmp

elvis wrote:

> On 17/2/20 3:10 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I am trying to remove as much write activity as possible from the u-sd
> > that a raspi boots from.  To that end I'll create a partition on an ssd,
> > of 5000 megs, then copy the existing /tmp's contents to it it, then
> > mount the ssd partition of that name on top of it where it is in the
> > u-sd now. A partition labeled tmp-u-sd-temp would be about the least
> > mistake prone to put in /etc/fstab. I did this once at least a decade or
> > more ago because I outgrew the /home/partition but can't in 2020
> > remember the fstab syntax a decade+ later.
> >
> > Can someone help
>
> This is not the asked solution to the problem, but why not just have your
> root on nfs? No need to worry about any writes to the card then.

I, for myself, have the problem, that can't catch him.

He is speaking about a u-sd, but I'm only familiar with: ssd or usb.
Both sound similar, are different to handle, and at the end it's something
completly different he want's to know.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27