Re: need syntax for /etc/fstab to mount space on an ssd over /tmp

On 17/2/20 3:10 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I am trying to remove as much write activity as possible from the u-sd
that a raspi boots from.  To that end I'll create a partition on an ssd,
of 5000 megs, then copy the existing /tmp's contents to it it, then
mount the ssd partition of that name on top of it where it is in the
u-sd now. A partition labeled tmp-u-sd-temp would be about the least
mistake prone to put in /etc/fstab. I did this once at least a decade or
more ago because I outgrew the /home/partition but can't in 2020
remember the fstab syntax a decade+ later.

Can someone help

This is not the asked solution to the problem, but why not just have your root on nfs? No need to worry about any writes to the card then.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett