Re: help with gitlab on buster

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/raketasks/backup_restore.html

>> Basically, my idea would be to find a way to follow the correct upgrade
>> procedure.
>
> I've found that version 11.11.8 is available from fasttrack.debian.org.
> Not quite the one (11.11.0) the upgrade process advised to use, but
> maybe close enough - I can't find any older versions.  This fails with
> two dependencies on old packages, ruby-prof, which I've now downgraded
> ok, and ruby-gitaly-proto, which I can't find a trace of anywhere.
>
> 'apt-cache madison ruby-gitaly' returns
>
> golang-gitaly-proto | 0.123.0+dfsg-2 | http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian
> buster/main Sources
>
> I don't suppose this golang version would satisfy the dependency, but it
> doesn't install anyway:
>
>  apt install golang-gitaly-proto=0.123.0+dfsg-2 returns 'Unable to
> locate package golang-gitaly-proto'.
>
> So I'm stuck on this route too. Any suggestions? Although I've been
> using debian for ages (thanks everyone) it's very much only as an end
> user, and since normally upgrades 'just work' for me I get really
> unstuck when I run into quite basic upgrade problems.

Don't Gitlab has some kind of forum/mailing list?

This will not help you for now but the following could be useful in the
future:

If you have VMs available, I would suggest you to have a clone of your
production "server" and to first on this VM how the upgrade process goes.

Also, Gitlab seems overkill in your situation, if you need Git, simply
use the Git package and a frontend if you like.

As I don't use Gitlab myself, that's all I can help you with.

--
John Doe