Re: Best file system to use?

On Mi, 12 feb 20, 17:55:52, Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have 4TB running on an AMD Ryzen under Buster. What is the current
> consensus of the best file system to use for general data usage? I have been
> using xfs but that is based on info from many years ago.

If you must ask, use ext4: it is actively developed, general purpose and
has a huge user base (that means it is tested, well supported, etc.),
well supported at the lowest level (e.g. by bootloaders).

In order to get better recommendations for your use case you have to
provide more information: what kind and of data, hardware, redundancy,
etc.

And whatever you end up using, remember to backup you data.
http://taobackup.com/

Kind regards,
Andrei