Re: Best file system to use?

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 04:00:34PM -0700, Tom Dial wrote:
> I think that ZFS, although different, is no less complicated or
> inflexible than the other identified options. Adding mdraid
> probably would not decrease complexity.

It is far easier to reshape mdraid arrays (in terms of number of
devices, capacity of devices, and even the RAID levels used) than it
is with ZFS pools.

With LVM in the mix you can often attach a large temporary device,
add it to the VG, pvmove onto it, completely re-do the original
storage, then pvmove back, all without rebooting. Whether that is a
good idea in respect to performance and redundancy is another
question but it's nice that the option is there.

Cheers,
Andy