Re: Running virtual systems

	I ran Freebsd as a virtual system on a Mac Pro at work
for a year or so (I don't remember exactly how long) and it
worked very well with vbox until one day when Apple updated MacOS
and poof! my vm died.

	The only problem I had before that was one most people
wouldn't have in that the low-level setup of the VM sent it's
output in video rather than text so anyone who uses a screen
reader can't rescue it easily if it gets in to trouble at that
point.

	As soon as the VM boots, the output you would see on a
console or serial terminal appears in the host's output and one
can run it normally from there.

	The one lesson is Linux or FreeBSD is probably a better
host platform because stuff that works under either of those two
OS's tends to stay longer and isn't apt to fall casualty to
commercial whims.

	I still mostly like MacOS and even Windows these days but
having the machine my mail was on just suddenly vaporize without
any warning soured me a bit and I never put another VM on that
Mac.

Martin