Re: buster: low audio level

Quoting elvis (2020-02-12 22:53:36)

> On 13/2/20 3:34 am, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > I just installed buster on a new (to me) machine, and the audio level is very
> > low. With all the mixer controls and the physical volume control on the
> > speakers turned up, I can hear audio, but even then it is unpleasantly quiet,
> > certainly nothing one would want to listen to.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to fix this, or even how to go about investigating
> > it sensibly, would be gratefully received.
> >
> >    Doc
>
> I'm not sure if this may help. In my KDE system settings, multimedia, I
> can turn the master volume up past 100%. It makes my laptop usable,
> other it would be too quiet as well.

I would recommend to first try locate possible places where volume is
turned down, and only as a last option (for this setup, before giving up
and buying another card) artificially amplify the weak audio - because
that will undoubtedly lead to bad audio quality, and has the risk of
playing too loud if at some point the dampening place decides to no
longer dampen.

 - Jonas