Re: Looking for FOSS supported PCIe x4 SATA 6 Gb/s HBA with 4 or 8 ports

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> Could you please elaborate or provide a reference for this?
>
> While my 3TB WD Red doesn't appear to have problems with my current
> usage, I'd like to be prepared.

Google "western digital wd red 4tb issues" or "western digital wd red 3tb
issues"

As drives were getting cheaper I was considering buying those 3 or 4TB, but
found many reports that they were more often failing than the 2TB disks.

I think I'll buy another pair of WD Red 2TB disks to replace the Green 1TB
because the speed factor is obvious.