Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

Hi songbird,

songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:

>mlnl wrote:
>> Some people are using the modesetting + glamor vs. intel + SNA
>> driver.
>
>  i'm not seeing any hangs and have been running my system
>for a few years now.  it has the Intel HD Graphics 630
>in it.
>
>  as far as i know i don't do anything anywhere to set it up
>to run, it just works.  i use debian testing normally, but
>even running stable i've not had any issues that i've noticed.

Mmh, yes, if i do nothing or no special things, than the GPU don't
hang. But if i do a lot of things fast at the same time, e. g.
encoding with Handbrake, while compiling a kernel, switching between
different applications and Firefox is loading/doing something, than the
GPU gets hiccups sometimes. And i must admit, that i like it to try
different options and fiddling with configurations and setings ;)

--
mlnl