Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
> What are my alternatives? nVidia cards? I've never used an nVidia card
> but I have read also tons of problems with them in the past. How about
> now? And how about AMD cards?

I have had perfectly reasonable experiences with:

nvidia 8400
nvidia 720
nvidia 730
nvidia 1030
nvidia 1050

radeon R7 360
radeon RX 480
radeon RX 560
radeon 5700

(I don't recommend the 5700 unless you have a serious gaming
habit, but I can confirm that it works well in Debian)

The thing is, I've also had perfectly reasonable experiences
with the Intel GPU built into:

laptop Core 2
Pentium G3258
Pentium G4560
Core i5-2500

as long as I only asked them to run 1 or 2 1080P screens.

-dsr-