Re: Anyone with experience scanning with Epson

On 2020-02-09, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> Against doing this is the fact that Epson does not provide a package
> for the L220 that employs the epkowa backend. That is because epkowa
> is not meant for that device. Maybe the OP has found this out by now.

Did you tell the OP that? I missed it. Oh, I see you asked what file the
OP downloaded and that question was left hanging without a response.

Epson only seems to provide a single generic package for their
scanners/multifunction printers.

http://support.epson.net/linux/en/imagescanv3.php
http://download.ebz.epson.net/man/linux/imagescanv3_e.html#sec6-1

I was thrown off by the OP's error message:

 Failed to open device 'epkowa:usb:002:003':

Maybe that's related to the (perhaps unwise) entry the OP added to
/etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf. It's true the installation manual linked above
makes no mention of it.

> (Incidentally, the bug that the Ubuntu advice is targeting is one
> that was never present in Debian stable, testing or unstable).

That too, I guess.

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud