Fresh install UEFI debian-10.2.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1 will not boot

debian-users:

I would like to create a USB flash drive with Debian that I can boot in new Windows 10 machines with UEFI Secure Boot, so that I can examine things, run tools, take images of the Windows system drive, etc., before booting Windows for the first time.

I have downloaded, verified the checksum, and burned the following to a USB flash drive:

    https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/jigdo-cd/

   debian-10.2.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso

Using a Dell PowerEdge T30 with CMOS Setup configured for UEFI and Secure Boot, I booted d-i and installed onto a wiped USB flash drive -- hostname "buster".

When I attempt to boot buster, the T30 firmware does not see the it:

        No bootable devices found
        Press F1 key to retry boot.
        Press F2 to reboot into setup.
        Press F5 key to run onboard diagnostics.

I have tried all of the USB ports -- nope.

I disabled Secure Boot and tried all of the USB ports -- nope.

So, I wiped the USB flash drive and installed again, without selecting a Debian mirror (in case there are bugs since the 10.2.0 d-i was released) -- nope.

I tried all of the USB ports on an Intel DQ67SW desktop motherboard with CMOS Setup configured for UEFI boot (no Secure Boot support):

    Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.95
    Copyright (C) 1997-2012, Intel Corporation

    CLIENT MAC ADDR: <redacted> GUID: <redacted>
    PXE-E53: No boot filename received

    PXE-M0F: Exitng Intel Boot Agent.

    Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    or Insert Boo Media in select Boot device and press a key

(I recall successfully booting Debian 9 with UEFI in the past.)

STFW people have succeeded by running grub-install:

Using the T30 in Secure Boot again, I booted d-i into a rescue shell, mounted buster root, boot, efi, dev, proc, and sys, and started Bash:

    root@d-i:/# ls -1 /usr/lib/grub
    grub-mkconfig_lib
    x86_64-efi
    x86_64-efi-signed

    root@d-i:/# grub-install --target x86_64-efi-signed
grub-install: error: /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi-signed/modinfo.sh doesn't exist. Please specify --target or --directory.

    root@d-i:/# find /usr/lib/grub -name modinfo.sh
    /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/modinfo.sh

It seems /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/modinfo.sh is missing.

Suggestions?

David