Re: How to set Gedit left margin to 80 characters

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 02:17 Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Lu, 27 ian 20, 19:16:35, Default User wrote:
> Okay, I'm stumped.
>
> I'm running 64-bit Debian unstable, Cinnamon desktop environment.
>
> All I want to do is set the Gedit left margin to 80 characters, so that
> text hard-wraps (or at least soft-wraps) at that point.

If you take suggestions for editors you might as well look into (g)vim,
or cream if you find the learning curve too steep.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Andrei, thank you for the suggestions.

I don't know anything about cream, but I'll look it up.

As for *vi* . . .  I have tried to use that, but I just can't seem to "get" modal editing. To me it is just too difficult and non-intuitive. Which is a shame, because otherwise it seems to have a lot of good points.