Re: System Crashing Keyboard & mouse locking up

On Monday 27 January 2020 11:42:29 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 26 ian 20, 14:47:19, J.W. Foster wrote:
> > I have a newly built system using several distros incl Debian Linux
> > & Windows10. It seems to have a hardware issue in all Linuxes. NOT
> > Windows 10. The Keyboard & mouse are locking up randomly. I can't
> > get it to duplicate, just occurs.
>
> And the rest of the system continues to work properly (how do you
> tell)?

butting in here, I've been hit with this 2x on a pi4 running raspbian
buster 10.2 in armhf flavor. I was unaware of any problem working from
several ssh -Y logins where the sw I was excercising needed my mouse,
until I needed move the machinery that pi4 was running, went to its own
monitor and keyboard and found it was all dead including the video.
Returning to the remote login, all was fine. went back to the machine,
got no response and did a powerdown reset. It had to fsck everything so
it was quite a few minutes getting booted.

So now I have a crontab script grepping thru an "lsusb -v" for both
devices. Been scanning every 5 minutes now for 5 days, but no hiccups.
This also bit me after several days of uptime on a debian buster 10.1
net-install, but that was an arm64 install. On the same 2G rpi4.

butting out now.

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Cheers, Gene Heskett