Re: Debian on server

On 2020-01-21 14:41, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Hi to all members of this list,

I'm not new to linux and I'm searching a good stable distro for
server. Many said CentOS and other Debian but really I have not enough
experiences to choose one.

So, I know this is a debian list and could be obtain biased opinion
but what are better point to use debian on a server instead of CentOS?

Thanks in advance.

running a server facing the internet would give me the jitters but if it's just for you as Andy says whatever you are comfortable with. As far as I know a server is a distribution with only installed what it needs. I'm using the base distribution and added webmail, printing, saving files and that. I call it a server but it's not what you'd call anything special server.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31