Re: Debian on server

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:41:13PM +0100, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> So, I know this is a debian list and could be obtain biased opinion but what
> are better point to use debian on a server instead of CentOS?

Really I think you are best off using whichever one you have the
most experience with - unless you're looking for a learning
experience anyway.

Debian has far more packages in its repositories than CentOS does,
even if you add the unofficial ELRepo.

CentOS has a longer support lifetime than Debian, though in practice
I find that some other combination of required software (or desired
new features of required software) will force an upgrade before the
strict end of life of a given CentOS release.

Cheers,
Andy