Re: Graphical indicators for Caps Lock and similar keys

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 8:55 PM Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't know whether or not gkrellm-leds would work for you. Last time I tried it I found it to look
> at little out of place on my Xfce4 desktop, but it did perform some of the functions you're looking
> for. (I don't think it had an insert indicator, but my memory could be wonky.)

I installed the package but didn't see any changes. And I saw no easy
way to affect my panels. As a result, I removed that package and
installed the 'mate-tweak' package, as suggested by Curt, and that
does work, at least for the Caps and Num lock keys.

I would like to try your suggestion if you can tell me how to actually
implement it--I am no longer familiar with the text settings for
desktop tweaks, but I am comfortable with such changes with clear
instructions.

-Tom