Re: Apache2/PHP7 fails in Buster

On 16/01/2020 17:48, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:43:17PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:

Well, it seems it's failing because it tries to enable the php7.3
module -- which it can't do, because the module's not THERE.

If it were me, I would attempt to purge this package (not just remove),
and then reinstall it.

The --reinstall should have handled that.

If purging fails because of a2enmod being unable to find the module
and manipulate it in various ways, then it might be necessary to
short-circuit the prerm/postinst/etc. scripts so that they do nothing,
just so you can purge everything.

The normal way to do that with a prerm or postinst script is to stick
"exit 0" near the top of it.

That would be a good approach.

Thanks to all, and especially Roberto, for pointing me in the right direction. I did ~# dpkg -P libapache2-mod-php7.3 libapache2-mod-php, because it reported a dependency on libapache2-mod-php, which went smoothly. I than did apt-get install libapache2-mod-php, and systemctl restart apache2.

It now runs phpinfo() without problem.

I'm now stuck with my php script in my home being commented out by Apache, but I'm sure that's just a configuration issue.

Thanks again chaps

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |