Re: dhclient and ipv6 DNS Servers

On 2020-01-16, Rainer Dorsch <ml@bokomoko.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020, 00:09:16 CET schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
>> Le 14/01/2020 à 21:14, Rainer Dorsch a écrit :
>> > prepend dhcp6.name-servers 2001:4860:4860::8888, 2001:4860:4860::8844;
>> >
>> > avoids the error message, but has no visible effect I can see. The IPv6
>> > DNS
>> > servers still do not show in resolv.conf.
>>
>> You may receive IPv6 DNS information from IPv6 Router Advertisements
>> (RA) with rdnssd, not DHCPv6.
>
> Many thanks, Pascal, that explains the obervations :-)
>
> I have in /etc/network/interfaces
>
> iface eth0.1 inet6 auto
>       dhcp 1
>       request_prefix 1
>
> I could not find a way to overwrite the DNS server for rdnssd, does anybody
> know if that is possible?

All above and way beyond me, but from a cursory online examination of
this affair it appears that beyond disabling rdnssd entirely, it's
necessary to modify or patch the /etc/rdnssd/merge-hook script to
prevent rdnssd from overwriting /etc/resolv.conf.

 /etc/resolv.conf is handled by a configurable /etc/rdnssd/merge-hook
 script that users can modify to suit their needs. The stock version
 upstream has been modified to do what you want for ages:

 http://git.remlab.net/gitweb/?p=ndisc6.git;a=blob_plain;f=rdnssd/merge-hook.in;hb=f7bd3662d2292e248173721d4760c03df39df666

Good luck.

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud