Re: [apt-pinning] always install given package and its deps from unstable

On Mi, 15 ian 20, 12:12:53, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> These days I'm wondering what's the correct approach to have the
> following behaviour:
>
> * Using Testing
> * Always install firefox (or some other packages) and its deps from the
> unstable repository
> * Keep downloading upgrades of these packages from unstable
> * Don't install anything else from unstable unless the I'm using "apt -t
> sid install"

This should work with the same technique used for backports: pin
unstable to priority 100 (the same priority as installed packages).

New packages must be installed with '-t sid', already installed packages
will be upgraded as needed.

Beware: if a package exists in unstable but not testing it will be
installed without '-t sid'.

Disclaimer: mixing packages from different releases is inherently
dangerous. If above breaks you get to keep all pieces.

Kind regards,
Andrei